TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

The Ex Factor

The Ex Factor - R.J. Scott I am a bit surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. And I’m not sure why I’m surprised by that.

This was a sweet, gentle romance between a huge, protective Alpha and an abused man who is trying to learn to stand on his own two feet again. It could have been a disaster seeing as how Daniel was so very recently out of a 6-year abusive relationship but R. J. Scott was true to what can be an extraordinarily difficult recovery process. I was most impressed with the fact that Daniel did go into therapy, Ben went with him and the author acknowledged that while Ben may have been a catalyst Ben was not Daniel’s strength. Daniel was.

Daniel’s parents were wonderful, I enjoyed the brief interaction with the other men from Bodyguards, Inc. and I loved that this book was actually relatively low angst while remaining what I would consider an excellent hurt/comfort story.

Looking forward to more in this series and I highly recommend to fans of hurt/comfort, gentle and slow romances and supportive families.