TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Newton's Laws of Attraction

Newton's Laws of Attraction - M.J. O'Shea I'm so confused as to if I loved this book or didn't care for it. Maybe writing the review will help my thoughts gel.

So, we start with Ben and Rory - BFF's since age 7. At age 17 they admit they are in love and have several months of wonderful. Then Ben pulls a douchebag move and their relationship ends.

Eight years pass and Ben is teaching at his old high school. Lo and behold Rory is the new Chemistry teacher. And Jesus is it painful and awkward to watch. Rory wants nothing to do with Ben though he repeatedly apologizes. They limp their way into a cool co-workers relationship. Rory eventually allows a friendship to develop again. I mean freekin' Rory made Ben work his ass off for that friendship.

Then, they are friends with benefits. Ben is deeply in love with Rory. Admits to himself, his friends, his mother and to Rory that he never stopped being in love with Rory. But Rory doesn't want to hear it. Ben goes along with the benefits because he loves Rory. Will take anything Rory will give him.

And it broke. my. heart. How much Ben adored Rory and how he felt that Rory continued to hold him at arms length. He gets so twisted up inside. Rory pulls a douchebag move and Ben can't take it anymore.

He's miserable even though he's won this incredible honor. And then Rory comes back and says he loves him and he's sorry. And Ben just....takes him back. Rory shoulda had to work a hell of a lot harder.

Maybe I'd have more sympathy for Rory if we ever got to be in his head but it's totally Ben's POV for the whole book. I mean I get that Ben was an ass and really, really hurt him but man, he held that grudge for far too long. I felt like Rory took shameless advantage of Ben's feelings. And you know what? I just decided. I didn't like Rory. So there!

This story gets 4-stars from me because it really made me feel strongly. The depth and intensity of Ben's emotions pulled me in and wrapped around me for every. single. page. The smex was smokin' hot. There were moments at the beginning and end of amazing tenderness. I'm convinced these guys will get their happily ever after.

But it's gonna take me awhile to forgive Rory. Jerk!