TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Christmas Kitsch

Christmas Kitsch - Amy Lane I read this fantastic book in one setting and every second of it was a *squee* moment! It was awesome from page one. I didn't want it to end but the ending was wonderful.

Amy Lane is one of the premiere writers in the M/M genre. She has a way of dragging emotions out of the reader, drawing them so deeply into the story it's hard to get out. Most of her stories are a bit tooooo angsty for me. Especially considering the way she writes drags you in. You feel it. Every. Single. Emotion. It can be utterly exhausting. But God. So, so, so good! I have to be in a certain mood for Ms. Lane's books. I have to feel emotionally strong and stable. But I had read reviews on this that said the angst was low level so I went for it.

I am SO glad I did.

It is low angst for an Amy Lane book but still deeply emotional. A coming out, friends-to-lovers, virgin hero, coming of age story that had me laughing and crying.

Both main characters are incredible but Rusty. Oh. Oh. Oh. Rusty. You broke my heart baby boy. Simply broke my heart. And Oliver - so young and so, so strong. Perfect. Just. Perfection.

The supporting characters are amazing too - strongly crafted and real. Oliver has an amazing family. Outside of Rusty's sister his family sucks. Rusty's new friend Rex is wonderful (I'd love his story!) and Oliver's Dad is fantastic.

Really, I can't say enough good things about this book. It's worth it guys. Totally worth it.

Highly, highly recommended!