TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Apple Polisher

Apple Polisher  - Heidi Belleau My third read from this author - one of which was a 5-star ([b:The Druid Stone|13751785|The Druid Stone (Layers of the Otherworld, #1)|Heidi Belleau|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1337208175s/13751785.jpg|19385292]) and one of which was a 2-star ([b:Giving an Inch|17616739|Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule #1)|Heidi Belleau|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1363850097s/17616739.jpg|24580246]) review. This one gets a solid 2-stars from me. It was just okay. Nothing blew me away and I actually found the main character Christian to be fairly off-putting for the majority of the book. I didn't exactly connect with Max either.

There was a scene that kind of squicked me out - but that was a personal preference sort of thing and not bad writing. Christian and Max have sex on camera for a web cam sex thing.

The writing itself was very good though. This just wasn't the books for me and I think I'll pass on any others in the series.