TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Out of the Blackness

Out of the Blackness - Carter Quinn So, I finished this book yesterday and needed a day to digest it.

It was not necessarily an easy read. It could contain triggers for people who have issues reading about physical and emotional abuse because there are some flashback type scenes where we are told graphically how Avery was abused.

What it was though was a fucking awesome read! There is a huge element of hurt/comfort in the book however it is NOT sexual healing. It is A LOT of very difficult work that Avery undertakes for reasons that vary during the course of the book.

Both Avery and Noah are amazing characters! They compliment each other so well and Noah is so patient, supportive, confident and good with Avery. Watching their slow, slow romance is wonderful. There is almost no smexy in this book but it doesn't matter one bit. What we do get is wonderfully done and very appropriate to the story.

I highly appreciated how honestly the author depicted the aftermath and gradual recovery work that Avery endured.

Simply put - I loved this book!