TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Love Lessons

Love Lessons - Heidi Cullinan Holy, holy, holy crap! Just! Holy crap! Really? Why is that over? Holy crap!

I got the shit scared out of me near the end. I thought it was going to be an ugly, ugly implosion. Thank GOD Ms. Cullinan didn't do that to me. Thank you Ms. Cullinan!

So - Kelly is a freshman at a small college. Just coming out and saddled with a bunch of allergies that make him self conscious. He's sweet, shy, sexy, and obsessed with Disney and plans on having his happily ever after. I adored Kelly. Every single bit of him. Every word on the page about him. He was an endearing mix of naive and wise beyond his years. He was a perfect, perfect foil for Walter.

Walter. Oh Walter. My heart simply broke for you. Honest. I wept for him several times during the reading of this book. He was so fragile, wrapped up in bravado, promiscuity, and cockiness. I was totally drawn into this complex character - a caretaker hidden under his prickles. Watching him surrender to what he is feeling for Kelly took my breath away. Kelly was exactly what he needed.

I'm gonna call this a slow burn romance because they don't hop right into bed and no I love you's are declared within the first few chapters. There is emotional angst up the yang and I LOVED it. Kelly was a salve to Walter's battered soul.

It was beautiful. Really beautiful. And I'm going to read it again and again. It's going to be one of my comfort reads.

Bravo Heidi Cullinan! Once again you've transported me into a happy, happy place.