TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Wild Horses

Wild Horses - Kate Pavelle I really wanted to like this book because it had a great premise. Homeless pickpocket given the chance of redemption by an older man. Sadly it really fell short.

First off - the names of several of the characters were bat shit crazy. And that, for some unaccountable reason, drove me nuts and kept me from connecting with either of the heroes.

There was some indication that one of the heroes may have been of foreign descent but it wasn't clear. Due to, perhaps, the maybe foreign descent and some...other stuff...Attila's speech was very stilted and formal. While I believe the author was trying to show us that he was very rigid and controlled what it ended up doing, for me at least, was making me think I was reading about some Lord or Duke in the 1800's.

Additionally the book seemed to want to delve into BDSM but it totally missed the mark. There were secret pasts revealed however they were not dealt with by the characters. Major secrets that needed to be addressed for these men to get their HEA. So while it ended in what I think was supposed to be a HEA it's not a believable one for me.

I gave it two stars because it had promise but I can't recommend it to any of my GR friends.