TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Sole Support

Sole Support - Kaje Harper I so wanted to love this book. Virgin geek in love? Awesome stuff! But I just got so amazingly frustrated with Kellan I wanted to scream! While I totally sympathize with the overwhelming difficulty of being the sole support for an aging parent with dementia I didn't want to read so many details about it. I wanted more of the romance.

With Mike being the shy, socially awkward virgin I felt as though he was so taken advantage of, was such an unequal partner that it was off-putting. Had Kellan been tender and protective I would have been more engaged. However Kellan was, in essence, using Mike.

After the poor way Kellan treated Mike I felt forgiveness was too quickly given. The ending seemed rushed as well.

Now that being said it was a well written book with some stunning moments and while I liked it overall it wasn't something I loved.