TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

The Unforgiving Minute

The Unforgiving Minute - Sarah Granger So while this appears to be the second work by author [a:Sarah Granger|6654009|Sarah Granger|/assets/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66-251a730d696018971ef4a443cdeaae05.jpg] its my first read from her. I went in with some hesitation because I'm not particularly interested in tennis. All I know is there is a small yellow ball that needs to be hit over a net. I think what got me was the closeted athlete - which is a trope I do enjoy!

What happened is that not only did I find a wonderful romance with emotional healing, a younger man who was physically larger than the older partner and the younger man as the top. All pretty cool in my book. On top of that I was surprised at how much work it is being a professional tennis player. While I was not at any point overwhelmed by the tennis in the book it was a strong element of the story. And I really enjoyed it.

Ryan is a new professional tennis player who finally gets to met his teen idol and crush Josh. Sadly he is snubbed by Josh at first and warned away from him by several other players. Ryan and Josh finally do find their way into a friendship that moves into a physical relationship - both athletes closeted.

Ryan is exuberant, happy, positive, trusting, sweet-natured, and an all around a great guy. I fell pretty head over heels in love with him from the get-go.

Josh, on the other hand, is reserved, focused, secretive, and mistrustful of those around him. He's got a damn good reason that is revealed in the book but when he hurt Ryan I was growling and seriously pissed off.

The author weaves a wonderful story of growing attraction, trust, and love between these two men while they are under the spotlight of professional sports with a HEA.

Bravo!