TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

The Sky Is Dead

The Sky Is Dead - Sue  Brown This book kinda made me really sad and I was left feeling like there were sooooo many unresolved issues for David. I adored Jack and felt so bad for the crap hand that life dealt him. I was also very impressed with the way he faced all if it head on.

While I know David was supposed to be a sympathetic character I felt like he was too stubborn and independent. He needed help so badly, and had people he could trust around him, however he was just too damaged to accept that help.

It's obvious that he did finally take the help offered but we didn't see that breaking down process. And that's a shame because I might have had more compassion for the character.

In the end it was an okay book for me with what I think was supposed to be a HEA but it felt like there was still too much unresolved and yet to be worked out.