TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Perfect Match

Perfect Match - J.J. Ryan This story was pretty similar to [b:Witness|8066786|Witness|L.A. Gilbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1271729729s/8066786.jpg|12762003] in that it is a story with very little angst and/or conflict. It's two pretty normal, lonely guys who are looking for a relationship. In this particular book they meet online - which is always something I will read because I met my wonderful hubby on line 15 years ago and we've been married 13 years now!

However, where [b:Witness|8066786|Witness|L.A. Gilbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1271729729s/8066786.jpg|12762003] was slow, sweet and romantic read this book reads like a fast moving race.

Patrick wants to get to know Trevor slowly, via email at first. Trevor agrees but it seems like only a few emails are exchanged before a physical date is set up. Patrick has to cancel the date because of a medical emergency and Trevor gets pissed off. Even though he knew Patrick was an ER doctor.

Then a drunken Trevor drunk dials Patrick to meet him for drinks after a very bad day at work and Patrick runs in to the rescue, taking Trevor home to sleep it off.

Then they have an actual date, exchanging kisses and blow jobs, that ends in mind blowing sex and Trevor falling in love.

Then Trevor gets gay bashed, ends up in a coma and Patrick doesn't leave his side for days. He gets jealous of Trevor's friends who travel from out of state to visit him. Punches an ex-boyfriend and declares his undying love and devotion.

What follows is pages and pages of pages of these two men thinking about how the other is their everything, about their unending devotion to one another, their commitment to each other and blah, blah, blah.

The sex is hot, which is why it got two stars instead of one. The story could have been very good had it not gotten so over the top emotional and if there had been some conflict - even more internal conflict.

We did get a little epilogue after 10 years of marriage that was sweet. But also over the top cause Trevor purchased Patrick a condo on Hawaii without talking about it. Dude. You don't do shit like that in a marriage!

So, this is a new author and I'm willing to take a chance on another of her books and hopefully she learns to do more showing rather than telling.