TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

The Coil

The Coil - L.A. Gilbert WTFWhat the FUCK just happened here? Why have I NEVER read anything by [a:L.A. Gilbert|3493753|L.A. Gilbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1313536305p2/3493753.jpg] before??? Who failed me and did not recommend this book to me??? OMG!

It was fuckin' fantastic and kept me up until 2 am this morning to finish it. I cried so many times because it was just so, so heartbreaking. For both Simon and Mattie. I mean really, so much pain and crap these two had to deal with.

Simon was a real shit to Mattie several times and man, I wanted to smack him right upside the head. And my heart just broke for both of them. This story was so, so bittersweet.

I think that quite a few people won't like the fact that Simon sends Mattie away to NY with no contact for three years. I know I hated it even as I totally understood the reason for it.

The smex was hot, the relationship was full of angst and the HEA was hard won! All the characters were fantastic though I wish we had gotten more of Jamie and Mattie together. I would have loved to have seen that relationship develop.

I am off to read the next book I have by this author [b:Witness|8066786|Witness|L.A. Gilbert|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1271729729s/8066786.jpg|12762003].