TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

The Haunting of Timber Manor

The Haunting of Timber Manor - F.E. Feeley Jr. For a first novel it is pretty well done. There is a bit more telling, rather than showing, for my taste but writing is a craft that is learned over time. While I didn't mind alternating POV for Daniel and Hale I could have done without the POV chapters from Carol, Francine and "it". A lot of it was needless backstory that really didn't move the plot forward.

We're I editing this I would watch out for repetitive sentence beginnings. A least one chapter had almost every sentence starting with the word "I".

However, the concept of the story was a good one. The romance between the two heroes was a sweet one and the sex scenes were not too overdone. They nicely moved the relationship forward.

The characters were nicely developed and portrayed well. Though slow in spots, with the info dumps, I was caught up in the story by about 50 pages in and wanted to finish it.

The author needs a web site so I know what is coming next and when because I will be interested to see his talent develop.