TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Too Stupid to Live

Too Stupid to Live - Anne Tenino First read 1/12/13 - 1/14/13. No review written. Stupid 2013 me!

Reread 7/25/14, review 7/25/14

I want to cuddle with this book. Get under the covers, wrap my arms around it and pet it while whispering sweet, silly things to it.

Ian is a former firefighter, newly out, and an emotional wreck. After a serious accident took him offline for a bit he committed to putting an end to casual hook-ups while trying to get his shit straight. Meeting Sam threw all his best laid plans right out the window.

Sam is a grad student, working on his masters, with his head in the clouds. He's tall, awkward, skinny and obsessed with romance novels. His biggest obsession seems to be with those delicious Scottish Highlander historicals, where the heroine gets swept away by the laird.

He knows that Ian is totally out of his league but when Ian helps him up after Sam is beaned by a rugby ball, Sam asks him out. Ian, predictably, shots him down by saying Sam is not his type.

The thing is Ian can't get Sam out of his mind and when he sees Sam a few weeks later at his cousin's housewarming party he totally taps that ass.

And finds he can't get enough. Sam, though confused and guarding his heart, can't get enough either. The two begin an awkward but earnest relationship.

I loved watching these two really rather clueless men fumble their way towards love. Seeing them both be vulnerable, make mistakes and miscommunicate was endearing. They were a little kinky (wish it had been more), very hot and a lot sweet.

Highly recommend for fans of feel good M/M romance with rather low levels of angst. Looking forward to the next in this series and will gladly pick up more by this author.