TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Beauty in the Breakdown

Beauty in the Breakdown - E.L. Esch Dude - I don't even know where to go with this book. Parts of it were incredibly tender and sweet, parts were so WTF that I nearly put the book down and outside of that...I just don't know.

Luke and Rowan were seriously messed up. Now I don't have a problem with broken heroes but as a general rule I prefer only one of them messed up at a time. And Rowan is a train wreck who 'heals' WAY too quickly. Luke spends so much time inside his head I wanted to scream and then...on top of it all...we suddenly go from the POV of Luke to that of his brother. Uh, woah! And what was interesting to me? I actually liked Selim's POV scenes much better than Luke's.

Overall it was an okay book. I mean, I finished it. I never really cared about Luke or Rowan though. It was Selim and his best friend Gavin that kept me hooked.