TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Laurel Heights

Laurel Heights - Lisa Worrall Reread 8/6/14 - 2012 me didn't write a review. Again....

Review 8/7/14

So, what did I like about this book that got it 4-stars? Because in all honesty it contained a few things that I wouldn't care for in other books.

1. It's a mystery/suspense plot. Frankly I can't stand those.
2. It flirts with partner swapping. Which I can say without reservation that I loathe.
3. Wil and Scott are very antagonistic toward each other for a good portion of the book. It was exhausting.
4. The mystery leaves things quite cliffhangery. Annoying, especially since it's been 2 years since the book was published and the sequel is coming out this month.

So, at least four things that are turn offs for me when it comes to reading romance.

But I really like it. Why?

1. Wil. He's a strong, sweet man with a highly refined sense of right and wrong.
2. Scott. He's a bit broken inside, silently pining after Wil while banging anything he can.
3. Grace and Julie. Kick ass partners. Love the banter between them and Wil and Scott.
4. Little bit of domination thrown in there. Would have creamed myself for more.
5. Men. In. Uniform. 'Nuff said.
6. The delicious tension between Wil and Scott as they fight what they feel for each other while pretending to be straight men who are pretending to be a gay couple.
7. HOLY FUCKING HOT SEX!

All of this adds up to a solid 4-star read that I'll gladly return to. And that makes me almost want to pick up the second book. Highly recommend to lovers of mystery, enemies to lovers, coming out of the closet and men in uniform. The mystery was actually quite well done. The first time I had no idea who done it until it was revealed. And even though I had already read it it was the same the second time around.