TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Seduction and Snacks

Seduction and Snacks  - Tara Sivec You know - there were lines in this book that were laugh out loud funny. I mean tears in my eyes I laughed so hard. But that's it - they were lines. Overall it was...I donno...foul mouthed, potty humor. It seems very juvenile. Can't say that I've EVER read the word vagina so many times in one work of fiction.

The premise was good - a one night stand that ended in an unplanned pregnancy. The couple never got each other's name and though they looked they could not find each other.

But the language, the jokes, were all so very young. I felt like I was reading a sixteen-year old's diary. The type of writing I used to do at that age where I wanted to see exactly how over the top I could get away with.

I read the whole thing because I did want to know what happened but I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more than two stars if the characters had been grown-up.