TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Masters at Arms

Masters at Arms  - Kallypso Masters Kallypso Masters nearly, nearly lost me with in the first few pages of this book. It was devastatingly sad and I was not happy. I don't read to be this sad and feel this despondent. And I was a bit skeeved out by the very, very early stages of a May-December romance (Adam's heroine). Then I thought - wait a sec - someone who is making me feel this deeply this quickly into a book? That's damn well written and developed.

And I moved forward.

And nearly gave up with the beginning of every story because none of them made me happy or made me feel good. Again, that's not what I read for. But I was warned by the author's note, and you should be too. There is nary a HEA to be found and it was, in essence, what felt like an epic info dump. It was a prologue contained in its own book.

Yet I really enjoy this genre and the author really did draw me in to every Master's story. Each Master was written excellently. Their different levels of needing to dominate, their experience level and their 'voice' shone through what I normally would not have enjoyed.

Personally I don't feel I needed to read this book to enjoy the next in the series Nobody's Angel however it was extremely well written. For that reason, if you don't mind prologues and you can deal with no HEA and having your heart broken until each Master's book then this is for you!

And read my review for her next book, I really enjoyed it and will be going back for more!