TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

Shadowfever

Shadowfever  - Karen Marie Moning I really, really, really wanted to LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. I was prepared to hand over 5 stars like I was an easy lay. Seriously. Because I think bad boy Jericho Barrons is sexy like rawr! I think V'lane is sexy like rawr! Mac kicks ass! And the MacKeltar druids? Do I need to say more?

Sadly, yes I do.

Shadowfever is the end of the Fever Series, the 5th book in arc. It got 3 stars because it answered most of the questions I had to my satisfaction. Also the smexy between Barrons and Mac was....RAWR. Animal. Yum!

But for the whole book I really wanted to tear Mac's head off her freeking shoulders. And then shove it into to chest cavity. And kick her. Because for the sweet love of all that is right and holy in this world she would not SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. It seemed like nearly this entire book was in Mac's head. With Mac's 15 gazillion questions. And OMG! If it hadn't been for the fact that it was the end of the series I seriously would have given up.

That is a crying shame really because KMM creates some awesome characters. She does sexual tension and angst amazingly well. The Fever world is breathtaking in it's complexity and depth, the dialog is clever, snarky and fun. I'm glad to hear there will be another three books set in this world but I won't hang around for all of them if the first one ends up anything like this. :(