TinaK

She Reads Too Much

There are a million other things I should be doing with my time...cleaning my house, riding my motorcycle, cooking my family dinner, talking to my Mother on the phone. But I can't. I just....can't. There are too many good books to read.

The Forsaken (The Survivor Chronicles #3)
Erica Stevens
The Skin Map
Stephen R. Lawhead

When All The World Sleeps

When All The World Sleeps - Lisa Henry,  J.A Rock This book dragged me through hell and at the end I kinda felt just a flicker of...okayness.

Let me say first that this is amazingly written. The characters are vivid, heartbreaking in their brokenness and drew me in from the first page. However there was just...no...light.

Daniel was such a dark, compelling character. So hopeless. Driven to darkness and despair.

Bel was strong, solid and almost, I dunno, pure of heart.

Together they were - God - I don't even know.

Here's the thing. Daniel was fucked up on so many levels I had a very difficult time being comfortable with him in any sort of relationship. I was very uncomfortable with Bel being his everything. No one person should have that much responsibility for someone's physical and emotional health. And it wasn't the sleepwalking issue. It was everything else Daniel had to deal with because of and on top of that.

I can't call the end a HEA because I know there is still a huge uphill battle for these guys. I didn't see Daniel make enough progress to believe they were going to be okay.

So the 3-stars is on the strength of the writing alone. My enjoyment of the story over all was just one star. And that is all personal preference. Someone else might enjoy it. Just be aware it's a very dark, disturbing story with no easy answers.